Tuesday, May 1, 2012

new year, new blog!


It's good to be back, fair readers!

First off, I'd like amend a previous post and acknowledge the sad fact that Cafe Fanny has closed its doors after 28 years.  Though I only discovered it recently, the absence of delicious croissants makes my heart break...just a little. There is no substitute for Fanny, but if you want an amazing brunch alternative in Berkeley, head up to La Note on Shattuck. I highly recommend any of the french toast dishes (personal fav: pain perdue au chocolat!) or get your croissant fix with an assorted pastry basket.

plus they have an amazing outdoor patio

Now, on to business: I know it has been a good long while since I have posted anything, but this time I am back for the long haul. No, I haven't set out adventuring again...this time I will be putting down roots somewhere in the Bay Area. And while my life and career is evolving, I thought it would be nice to take some of the free time I now have and sit down to write again.

Even as a steadfast local, I have found that in the past year I have explored the Bay more than I ever had before. There have been plenty of theatrical performances, fine/delicious eateries, and whirlwind museum or sightseeing tours.

And while we're on the subject of changing careers (and limited funds) I am adding a new aspect to the blog--budget. I will be ranking the outings I blog about based on their cost:

*Budget
*Moderate
*Splurge

Disclaimers will be added, of course, for comp tickets (though if you have friends who can hook you up with theater, museum, or event tix, take it! And reciprocate, in kind). There is a lot of great stuff out there, folks! Even on a budget.

Finally, I am excited to announce that I have launched a sister blog, the fortuitous baker, where i will finally be posting my recipes (and general adventures in the kitchen). First post: Cinnamon Streusel Muffins!



Cheers!
Antonia

No comments:

Post a Comment