Monday, October 25, 2010

London. day two.

Well folks, I made it to cold cold London. Part of me still doesn't believe it--I've wanted to live here since I was 15 years old. However, I don't think it will quite sink in until I have been here for more than two weeks--the normal amount of time i stay. So it went: US Airways--SF, Philly, Heathrow, Paddington, Tube, my new home.

I am currently living with my cousin Justin and his girlfriend Francesca in North London in a beautiful late Victorian flat.

From London
From London

They are so amazing. Yesterday was a great game of trying to keep Antonia awake until 9pm, so she can stay in the right time zone. We walked through the park, made a lovely pizza for dinner, and hung out just talking about our cool plans. We are having American thanksgiving this year and I am making the pumpkin pie, as usual.

It's only day two, but I, who still had my iphone stuck on Eastern Time, thought I was sleeping in till 10am but really until 3pm! it was 17 hours of sleep, which is a bit excessive. I still can't quite believe i am here, so today i decided to go down to see something quintessentially london--i took the tube to the houses of parliament and big ben.

From London

From London

Afterwards I went for a walk through Regent's park up to Buckingham palace and went home.

From London

We had a lovely dinner of Bangers and Mash (mine vegetarian) and champagne.

From London

 It's amazing how at home I feel here and around the city, however it still is overwhelming. The best thing I can do is take this one day at a time. After my rather rattling conversation with immigration at Heathrow, I know that I won't be able to stay any later than the first week of March, so I will make the most of it while i can. Tomorrow I've decided to visit another favorite--the V&A, and get my bearings. We have a lot of great plans for the holidays here, including La Boheme at the Royal Opera in November, which means dressing up in our finest.

I've started an album on Picassa, where these pics are posted (btw, know a better way for me to upload these?) where I will post more pictures.
London

2 comments:

  1. i'm gonna need you to start posting pictures of single british men. asap.

    glad you made it over safely. one of my creep neighbors has a pineapple on his kitchen counter.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! You rock!

    ~Emily LIPOMA!

    ReplyDelete