Monday, October 4, 2010

ready for departure?

Well it's been a long time coming...my first blog. Normally I wouldn't think that anything I'd have to say would be worth writing down, but since I will be leaving for London in two and half weeks, I figured the time was right to start. It's really the best way to keep in touch with everyone at home, post pictures and let you all know what I am up to.

It looks like my extended stay in Europe will also mean a trip to Korea to see Lana and Steve, hopefully seeing Brandin in Paris, and spending quality time with my mom in Italy. I must say I am looking forward to it, and I'm definitely ready. For the past two months I have been moving almost every week--moving out of my place, visiting family, bouncing between Santa Cruz and my dad's place up in Dublin. It's been really hectic, but it has helped me get used to the idea of leaving and not knowing exactly where I am going to end up.

For those who know me well, it's obvious that I am a planner. I've never been a "fly by the seat of my pants" kind of gal, but I figured it was time to change all of that. That's why I decided to call this blog "the unexpected adventurer." At least I didn't call it "the unwilling and slightly dazed adventurer" which it sometimes feels like I am.

The past few months have certainly helped me prepare for this, though, and it is nice to have a date to come back and start real life again (ahem--Travis and Kim gettin' hitched!) I've even bought an HP laptop--cheaper and lighter than the beloved Mac computers I've had all my life. Wow, I am getting loosey-goosey.

It's just one of those things--everything in my life is changing quickly, I am just trying to keep up. I am very excited but extremely nervous. Keeping in touch with all of you from home will certainly help me stay sane. I plan on emailing, skyping, and using facebook as well to stay connected and see how everything is going back at home.

Oct 23rd...the countdown begins.


xoxo,
Antonia

1 comment:

  1. yay! i'm sooo glad you're writing this! and i'm sooo glad you're coming home for our wedding :D

    but CRAP i'm gonna miss you... :/

    ReplyDelete