Saturday, October 16, 2010

one week.

Well this is it. One week to go. I've been having a lovely time seeing people and spending quality time with them before I leave, as well as getting some time in San Francisco. But the most exciting news would probably have to be...

my acceptance to FIDM!

So now, finally, the explanation. For those of you who don't know, the Fashion Institute of Design & Merchandising has a Professional Designation Program in fashion design for those who already have an bachelor's degree. While I had been considering the school on and off for two years, it took the boredom of not having any work or projects going on in my life to finally get off my ass and take a risk. I got my portfolio together and contacted admissions. I went through the process very quickly (thanks to my wonderful professors/recommendations) and completed the admissions project. 6 fashion sketches and a mood board--for me, based on Lysistrata.

For those of you who saw me lurking around the theatre department the past two weeks, now you know why.

So now, knowing i can start the program as early as spring 2011, I can breathe easy and really enjoy my time abroad. like i said, I am a planner, and it's nice to have something solid to come home to. Plus I am really excited to hone my skills--both artistically and practically--in garment design. Also, it gives me more future career options.

I think that i am going to get a journal/sketchbook together so that i can collect postcard & drawings from museums, fabrics from favorite stores, and use them for inspiration. what do you guys think? have you ever kept an inspiration journal? any suggestions for things i might do to remember this time?

I feel very fortunate to have this opportunity. i am very excited about the next year of my life, even if i don't always show it.

xoxo,
antonia

No comments:

Post a Comment